Friday, March 6, 2009

Meet Miss Clara, Recessionista Extraordinaire

My mom and I got the biggest kick out of Miss Clara and her wise advise for cooking and living on a budget--so timely for us right now, as it was for her back in the Great Depression. My grandparents lived through the Depression, but unfortunately, we did not capture all that wisdom before they were gone. I think Miss Clara's family has done a wonderful thing helping her put together her website, blog and videos. We should all make more of an effort to record and archive the wisdom of our elders for future generations to enjoy. My mom just completed "Grandmother Remembers" books for my two boys, both in their twenties, and they loved them. I have no doubt that, as they get older and perhaps have families of their own, these books will grow in sentimental value. 

No comments:

Post a Comment