Tuesday, June 23, 2009

More DIY wedding goodies

Well, I am up to my eyebrows right now in wedding things. It is amazing how much time and work goes into even the simple home ceremony that we are having. We are having cheesecake (gluten free) instead of a traditional wedding cake because we love it and half my family has to eat gluten free. I found a couple of recipes that freeze well and will bake those ahead of time. I am making a simple A-line dress, but adding a crocheted shrug from the summer issue of Interweave Crochet (with slight modifications--different yarn) and fingerless wedding gloves from Crochetnmore. I am also working on a design for a beaded and crocheted hair froo-froo--I'll post more on that later.

We found a wonderful service here--a wedding officiate and ordained minister who is also a professional photographer. Layne Holland, at Ruidoso Wedding, has a great idea--helping people have simple, memorable weddings that don't cost an arm and a leg. Our ceremony will include a sand unity ceremony and Layne had some wonderful suggestions on how to include our family and friends in the ceremony as participants rather than as just onlookers. The albums he had put together for other couples were just beautiful and he had some stunning pictures of happy couples with majestic mountain scenery in the background. If you are looking for a destination wedding in the mountains or unique intimate ceremony, I highly recommend Layne.

No comments:

Post a Comment